52775WA-Certificate III in Leadership
The vocational outcomes of the qualification are to:
- apply a practical understanding of standard or routine workplace policies, procedures and practices to meet employee industrial obligations
- contribute to safe work systems by complying consistently with work health and safety standards to ensure own safety and that of others
- work effectively as a team member not only on collaborative team tasks but as a member of a work-based team environment in general
- evaluate own work performance against required level of workplace standards, in collaboration with others, acting on feedback to improve proficiency of work performance.
- establish and maintain harmonious, co-operative working relationships with others respecting individual, social and cultural diversity
Employment opportunities with this qualification include any role across many fields that will require leadership skills.
Successful completion of the Certificate III in Leadership may provide entry into the Certificate IV in Leadership and Mentoring and other Certificate III and IV Accredited Courses and Training Package qualifications.
Mode of delivery
- 20 hours per week face to face
- Each study week – 4 hours of lecture-based activities, 4 hours of tutorial / discussions (with assessments being completed in the final week as necessary), 4 hours of hands on – practical exercises (with assessments being completed in the final week as necessary) and 8 hours of directed learning opportunities.
- Depending on your previous skills and knowledge, classes will be made available in the ‘break’ weeks, on a Tuesday and Wednesday.
- IELTS 5.5 equivalent / Upper-Intermediate English level
- Successful completion of Year 10 or equivalent
- Minimum 18 years of age
Existing Skills, Knowledge and Experience
This course is ideally suited for someone who
- Has an interest in leadership roles, but will not have held one.
- Those that have are welcome to join the course, but it is designed for those that have not.
- Will have worked in a business environment previously, for a minimum of 1 year
You can take our assessment previous skills and knowledge assessment here
Recognition of prior learning / credit transfer
- You will be given the opportunity to reduce your course length through recognition of prior learning or transferring credit from previously completed courses
- Information on units that may cross over with this course from other course we offer can be foundhere