FSK20113 -Certificate II in Skills for Work and Vocational Pathways
This qualification is designed for individuals who require foundation skills development to prepare for vocational training pathways.
There are no direct employment outcomes, but it will prepare you for further study.
Successful completion of the Certificate II in Skills for Work and Vocational Pathways may provide entry into Certificate II, III and IV Accredited Courses and Training Package qualifications.
Mode of delivery
- 20 hours per week face to face
- Each study week – 4 hours of lecture-based activities, 4 hours of tutorial / discussions (with assessments being completed in the final week as necessary), 4 hours of hands on – practical exercises (with assessments being completed in the final week as necessary) and 8 hours of directed learning opportunities.
- Depending on your previous skills and knowledge, classes will be made available in the ‘break’ weeks, on a Tuesday and Wednesday.
- IELTS 4.5 equivalent / NEAS Intermediate English level
- Successful completion of Year 10 or equivalent
- Minimum 18 years of age
Existing Skills, Knowledge and Experience
This course is ideally suited for someone who
- This is an entry level course, to help build frameworks for successful further study, and as such, students are not expected to have completed any study beyond the entry requirements
- Students are not expected to have held positions in a work environment with the possible exception of junior roles.
You can take our assessment previous skills and knowledge assessment here
Recognition of prior learning / credit transfer
- You will be given the opportunity to reduce your course length through recognition of prior learning or transferring credit from previously completed courses
- Information on units that may cross over with this course from other course we offer can be found here