SIR10116-Certificate I in Retail Services
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who complete a limited range of basic workplace tasks. These individuals possess a limited range of technical skills and knowledge.
Employment opportunities with this qualification include frontline team member.
Successful completion of the Certificate I in Retail may provide entry into the Certificate II, III or IV in Retail, and other Certificate II, III and IV Accredited Courses and Training Package qualifications.
Mode of delivery
- 20 hours per week face to face
- Each study week – 4 hours of lecture-based activities, 4 hours of tutorial / discussions (with assessments being completed in the final week as necessary), 4 hours of hands on – practical exercises (with assessments being completed in the final week as necessary) and 8 hours of directed learning opportunities.
- Depending on your previous skills and knowledge, classes will be made available in the ‘break’ weeks, on a Tuesday and Wednesday.
- IELTS 4.5 equivalent / Intermediate English level
- Successful completion of Year 10 or equivalent
- Minimum 18 years of age
Existing Skills, Knowledge and Experience
This course is ideally suited for someone who
- A knowledge of the retail environment, possibly only as a customer, but they will be aware how retail operates in general.
- May have held low levels positions previously, but do not possess an extensive work history
- Limited previous academic study and exposure
You can take our assessment previous skills and knowledge assessment here
Recognition of prior learning / credit transfer
- You will be given the opportunity to reduce your course length through recognition of prior learning or transferring credit from previously completed courses
- Information on units that may cross over with this course from other course we offer can be foundhere