SIR10116-Certificate I in Retail Services
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who complete a limited range of basic workplace tasks. These individuals possess a limited range of technical skills and knowledge.
Employment opportunities with this qualification include frontline team member.
Successful completion of the Certificate I in Retail may provide entry into the Certificate II, III or IV in Retail, and other Certificate II, III and IV Accredited Courses and Training Package qualifications.
Recognition of prior learning / credit transfer
- You will be given the opportunity to reduce your course length through recognition of prior learning or transferring credit from previously completed courses
- Information on units that may cross over with this course from other course we offer can be found here
Mode of delivery
- 20 hours per week face to face, with a mix of lecture style classes, tutorials and practical elements
- There are approximately 6 hours of assessment for each unit in the course, comprising of written assessments and practical demonstrations
- Depending on your previous skills and knowledge, you may need to attend more elements. You can take our assessment previous skills and knowledge assessment here
- IELTS 4.5 equivalent / NEAS Intermediate English level
- Successful completion of Year 10 or equivalent
- Minimum 18 years of age
01. SIRXWHS001 | Work safely
02. SIRXIND003 | Organise personal work requirements
03. SIRXIND001 | Work effectively in a service environment
04. SIRXCOM001 | Communicate in the workplace to support team and customer outcomes
05. FSKDIG02 | Use digital technology for simple workplace tasks