Certificate III in Retail
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who have the primary responsibility of engaging the customer, maintaining daily store operations and delivering on organisational expectations. They have sound knowledge of product and service offerings. These individuals possess a range of well-developed skills where discretion and judgement is required. They work with some independence under limited supervision. Some individuals working at this level are responsible for supervising other team members and monitoring day-to-day workplace operations.
Employment opportunities with this qualification include frontline sales assistant, customer service representative, shop assistant, retail supervisor, team leader and senior sales assistant.
Successful completion of the Certificate III in Retail may provide entry into the Certificate IV in Retail and other Certificate III and IV Accredited Courses and Training Package qualifications.
- IELTS 5.5 equivalent / NEAS Upper Intermediate English level
- Successful completion of Year 10 or equivalent; Certificate II in Retail Services advantageous.
- Minimum 18 years of age
01. SIRXSLS001 Sell to the retail customer
02. SIRXWHS002 Contribute to workplace health and safety
03. SIRXIND001 Work effectively in a service environment
04. SIRXCEG001 Engage the customer
05. SIRXRSK001 Identify and respond to security risks
07. 06. SIRXCEG002 Assist with customer difficulties
08. SIRXCEG003 Build customer relationships and loyalty
09. SIRXCOM002 Work effectively in a team
10. SIRXPDK002 Advise on food products and services
11. CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
12. SIRXHWB001 Maintain personal health and wellbeing
13. SIRXCOM001 Communicate in the workplace to support team and customer outcomes
14. SIRXIND003 Organise personal work requirements