SIR30216-Certificate III in Retail
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who have the primary responsibility of engaging the customer, maintaining daily store operations and delivering on organisational expectations. They have sound knowledge of product and service offerings. These individuals possess a range of well-developed skills where discretion and judgement is required. They work with some independence under limited supervision. Some individuals working at this level are responsible for supervising other team members and monitoring day-to-day workplace operations.
Employment opportunities with this qualification include frontline sales assistant, customer service representative, shop assistant, retail supervisor, team leader and senior sales assistant.
Successful completion of the Certificate III in Retail may provide entry into the Certificate IV in Retail and other Certificate III and IV Accredited Courses and Training Package qualifications.
Recognition of prior learning / credit transfer
- You will be given the opportunity to reduce your course length through recognition of prior learning or transferring credit from previously completed courses
- Information on units that may cross over with this course from other course we offer can be found here
Mode of delivery
- 20 hours per week face to face, with a mix of lecture style classes, tutorials and practical elements
- There are approximately 6 hours of assessment for each unit in the course, comprising of written assessments and practical demonstrations
- Depending on your previous skills and knowledge, you may need to attend more elements. You can take our assessment previous skills and knowledge assessment here
- IELTS 5.5 equivalent / Upper Intermediate English level
- Successful completion of Year 10 or equivalent; Certificate II in Retail Services advantageous.
- Minimum 18 years of age
01. SIRXSLS001 | Sell to the retail customer
02. SIRXWHS002 | Contribute to workplace health and safety
03. SIRXIND001 | Work effectively in a service environment
04. SIRXCEG001 | Engage the customer
05. SIRXRSK001 | Identify and respond to security risks
06. SIRXCEG002 | Assist with customer difficulties
07. SIRXCEG003 | Build customer relationships and loyalty
08. SIRXCOM002 | Work effectively in a team
09. SIRXPDK002 | Advise on food products and services
10. SIRXWHS001 | Work safely
11. SIRXHWB001 | Maintain personal health and wellbeing
12. SIRXCOM001 | Communicate in the workplace to support team and customer outcomes
13. SIRXIND003 | Organise personal work requirements