Certificate II in Tourism
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who have a defined and limited range of tourism operational skills and basic industry knowledge. They are involved in mainly routine and repetitive tasks and work under direct supervision.
Employment opportunities with this qualification include documentation clerk for a tour wholesaler or travel agency, office assistant for a tour operator, receptionist and office assistant for a professional conference organiser or event management business.
Successful completion of the Certificate II in Tourism may provide entry into the Certificate III or IV in Tourism, and other Certificate II, III and IV Accredited Courses and Training Package qualifications.
- IELTS 4.5 equivalent / NEAS Intermediate English level
- Successful completion of Year 10 or equivalent
- Minimum 18 years of age
01. SITXCOM002 Show social and cultural sensitivity
02. SITXWHS001 Participate in safe work practices
03. SITTIND001 Source and use information on the tourism and travel industry
04. SITXCCS003 Interact with customers
05. SIRXPDK001 Advise on products and services
06. SITXCCS001 Provide customer information and assistance
07. SITXCCS002 Provide visitor information
08. SIRXCOM001 Communicate in the workplace to support team and customer outcomes
09. SIRXIND003 Organise personal work requirements
10. SITTTSL004 Provide advice Australian destinsations
11. SIRXSLS001 Sell to the retail customer