SIT30116 / CRICOS: 096429K
Certificate III in Tourism
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who use a range of well-developed tourism service, sales or operational skills and sound knowledge of industry operations to coordinate tourism services. Using discretion and judgement, they work with some independence and under limited supervision using plans, policies and procedures to guide work activities.
Employment opportunities with this qualification include adventure tourism guide, booking agent, customer service agent, inbound tour coordinator, operations consultant for a tour operator, reservations sales agent or sales consultant.
Successful completion of the Certificate III in Tourism may provide entry into the Certificate IV in Tourism and other Certificate III and IV Accredited Courses and Training Package qualifications.
- IELTS 5.5 equivalent / NEAS Upper Intermediate English level
- Successful completion of Year 10 or equivalent; Certificate II in Tourism advantageous
- Minimum 18 years of age
01. SITXCOM002 Show social and cultural sensitivity
02. SITXWHS001 Participate in safe work practices
03. SITTIND001 Source and use information on the tourism and travel industry
04. SITXCCS006 Provide service to customers
05. BSBITU306 Design and produce business documents
06. SIRXPDK001 Advise on products and services
07. SIRXSLS001 Sell to the retail customer
08. BSBITU202 Create and use spreadsheets
09. SITXCOM001 Source and present information
10. BSBWOR203 Work effectively with others
11. SITXCCS003 Interact with customers
12. SITXCCS001 Provide customer information and assistance
13. BSBWOR204 Use business technology
14. BSBCMM201 Communicate in the workplace
15. BSBSUS201 Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices