|TERMS AND CONDITIONS|
|1.I have read and agree to following policies, all available through the website:
· PRIDE policy
· Attendance requirements
· Assessment requirements
and understand failure to follow them may result in my exclusion from ALS
I have also read and understood the information regarding
· Leave requests
· Deferment Policy
· Course Changes
· Late payment of fees
· Complaints and Appeals policy
2. Indemnity: Neither ALS and its staff nor its representatives, will be held responsible for any loss, damage, illness or injury to people or property which may occur while students are on any activity or excursion organized by ALS. Students are solely responsible for taking out own insurance which we recommend be purchased in their own country.
|3. Training locations –116 Adelaide Street, Brisbane, 4000
4. Release of Photography: Photos or images of students participating in ALS school activities, taken by/for ALS staff, remain the property of ALS and can be used for promotional materials. If you do not wish to be photographed or videotaped please inform us in writing as soon as possible.
5. Contact details: Students are required to notify ALS within 5 working days of any changes to residential address, mobile, email or emergency contact, through their student portal; failure to do so may result in automatic visa cancellation.
6. Personal information provided to ALS is confidential, but by law, may be provided by ALS to appropriate parties. ALS is required to share information about its students with the Australian Government and other designated authorities, such as the TPS. ALS has the right to share information on your progress and attendance with your sponsor or educational agent
7. Written Agreements: students are responsible for keeping a copy of any documentation.
8. Orientation: all students must attend an orientation at the given times before they can commence; failure to do so will mean having to pay for a private orientation.
REFUND, ENROLMENT & CANCELLATION POLICY
|Refund Policy – there are 5 refund categories at ALS; these will be applied to each and every course applied for:
1. Cancellation due to Visa refusal – Before course start date: $150 Admin Fee. Tuition, Material and Airport Reception Fees refunded. Enrolment and Accommodation Placement Fees not refunded.
2. Cancellation due to Visa refusal – After course has commenced: $150 Admin Fee. Unused Tuition and Material Fees refunded. Enrolment and Accommodation Placement Fees not refunded.
3. Cancellation notice given more than 4 weeks prior to the course start day: $250 Admin Fee. Tuition, Material and Airport Reception Fees refunded. Enrolment and Accommodation Placement Fees not refunded.
4. Cancellation notice given less than 4 weeks prior to the course start day: $1200 Admin Fee. Tuition, Material and Airport Reception Fees refunded (if more than 48 hours notice given). Enrolment and Accommodation Placement Fees not refunded.
5. Cancellation after course has commenced: No refunds eligible.
· Course Commencement means the first working day of the week the student is enrolled to start.
· Change of Enrolment. Where possible, IH Brisbane – ALS is happy to help you make changes to your course of study, but fees will apply.
· Changes to start date – no charge will be made for the first change, afterwards $40.00 admin fee will be charged for each subsequent change. Any refund request after making a change will be as case 4 except in case of visa refusal.
· Penalty chargeable for transfers to different courses (not including tuition / material fees differences)
· Failure to commence –ALS is required to report any student default within 5 working days.
· Pre-requisites– courses at ALS require a pre-requisite level of English, age and previous study, which can be found on the website and promotional material. Students who do not meet these requirements will not be able to commence study in this course, but will be offered a place in an different course. Any difference in fees will be the sole responsibility of the student.
· ALS disclaims all liability for any direct or indirect loss arising out of using a 3rd party service.
· Course Cancellation – If ALS is unable to deliver a course, a full refund of unused portion of prepaid tuition fees, material fees, and enrolment fee will be made within 2 weeks of the day on which the course ceased being provided. You may be offered enrolment in an alternative course at no extra cost, and have the right to choose whether you would prefer a refund of fees or to accept a place in another course, which must be done in writing.
o In the unlikely event that ALS ceases to operate and is unable to offer you a place in another course or a refund, for student visa holders the TPS will place you in a similar course at no charge. Any refund due to a default of ALS as the registered provider is covered by the provisions of the Education Services of Overseas Students Act 2000 (the ESOS Act) (as amended).
· Request for Refund
o Request for refund must be made on a Request For Refund Form (download from our website www.ihbrisbane.com.au) with appropriate supporting documentations (e.g. the letter from the Department of Homeland Affairs and bank details) and submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
o A refund can only be paid if ALS has received the money and it has been entered into its accounts, and all debts to ALS have been paid.
o Refund payments will be made in Australian currency within 4 weeks of submitting the completed Request For Refund Form and all required supporting documentations.
o All refunds will be made payable to the students only, except for formally approved sponsored students or education agents who paid on behalf of the students (students must send us an authorization letter)
o Requests for refunds of Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) must be made directly to the student’s OSHC provider.
o Promotional discount will not be applicable in any refund cases.
This written agreement, and the right to make complaints and seek appeals of decisions and action under various processes, does not affect the rights of the student to take an action under the Australian Consumer Law if the Australian Consumer Law applies.