BSB51918 - Diploma of Leadership and Management
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who apply knowledge, practical skills and experience in leadership and management across a range of enterprise and industry contexts.
Individuals at this level display initiative and judgement in planning, organising, implementing and monitoring their own workload and the workload of others. They use communication skills to support individuals and teams to meet organisational or enterprise requirements.
They plan, design, apply and evaluate solutions to unpredictable problems, and identify, analyse and synthesise information from a variety of sources.
Conversely, it may also apply to those with little or no vocational experience, but who possess sound theoretical business skills of leadership and management and knowledge that they would like to develop in order to create further educational and employment opportunities.
Upon completion, candidates would be able to go on to study Bachelor Degree in Business or Advanced Diploma in Business.
Mode of delivery
- 20 hours per week face to face
- Each study week – 8 hours of lecture-based activities, 4 hours of tutorial / discussions (with assessments being completed in the final week as necessary), 4 hours of hands on – practical exercises (with assessments being completed in the final week as necessary) and 4 hours of directed learning opportunities.
- Depending on your previous skills and knowledge, classes will be made available in the ‘break’ weeks, on a Tuesday and Wednesday
- IELTS 5.5 equivalent / NEAS Upper-Intermediate English level
- Successful completion of Year 12 or equivalent
- Minimum 18 years of age
Existing Skills, Knowledge and Experience
This course is ideally suited for someone who
- Limited previous leadership experience (not necessarily in a work environment). This may have come through extra-curricular activities or hobbies, or assuming a leadership role for a short period of time.
- They may have completed a prior business qualification; although not a pre-requisite, we advise students to start with a lower level qualification if they have not had substantial business experience
You can take our assessment previous skills and knowledge assessment here
Recognition of prior learning / credit transfer
- You will be given the opportunity to reduce your course length through recognition of prior learning or transferring credit from previously completed courses
- Information on units that may cross over with this course from other course we offer can be found here