SIR20216-Certificate II in Retail Services
This qualification reflects the role of frontline retail team members who use a defined and limited range of operational skills to undertake workplace activities. They are involved in mainly routine and repetitive tasks and work under direct supervision of others.
Employment opportunities with this qualification include frontline team member, customer service assistant and point-of-sale operator.
Successful completion of the Certificate II in Retail may provide entry into the Certificate III or IV in Retail, and other Certificate II, III and IV Accredited Courses and Training Package qualifications.
Mode of delivery
- 20 hours per week face to face
- Each study week – 4 hours of lecture-based activities, 4 hours of tutorial / discussions (with assessments being completed in the final week as necessary), 4 hours of hands on – practical exercises (with assessments being completed in the final week as necessary) and 8 hours of directed learning opportunities.
- Depending on your previous skills and knowledge, classes will be made available in the ‘break’ weeks, on a Tuesday and Wednesday.
- IELTS 4.5 equivalent / Intermediate English level
- Successful completion of Year 10 or equivalent; a Certificate I in Retail Services advantageous.
- Minimum 18 years of age
Existing Skills, Knowledge and Experience
This course is ideally suited for someone who
- Some work experience; not necessarily in a retail environment though
- May have completed a lower level or introductory qualification, so some awareness of how to study
- Limited knowledge of Australian work culture / practices
You can take our assessment previous skills and knowledge assessment here
Recognition of prior learning / credit transfer
- You will be given the opportunity to reduce your course length through recognition of prior learning or transferring credit from previously completed courses
- Information on units that may cross over with this course from other course we offer can be found here