SIR20216-Certificate II in Retail Services
This qualification reflects the role of frontline retail team members who use a defined and limited range of operational skills to undertake workplace activities. They are involved in mainly routine and repetitive tasks and work under direct supervision of others.
Employment opportunities with this qualification include frontline team member, customer service assistant and point-of-sale operator.
Successful completion of the Certificate II in Retail may provide entry into the Certificate III or IV in Retail, and other Certificate II, III and IV Accredited Courses and Training Package qualifications.
Recognition of prior learning / credit transfer
- You will be given the opportunity to reduce your course length through recognition of prior learning or transferring credit from previously completed courses
- Information on units that may cross over with this course from other course we offer can be found here
Mode of delivery
- 20 hours per week face to face, with a mix of lecture style classes, tutorials and practical elements
- There are approximately 6 hours of assessment for each unit in the course, comprising of written assessments and practical demonstrations
- Depending on your previous skills and knowledge, you may need to attend more elements. You can take our assessment previous skills and knowledge assessment here
- IELTS 4.5 equivalent / NEAS Intermediate English level
- Successful completion of Year 10 or equivalent; a Certificate I in Retail Services advantageous.
- Minimum 18 years of age
01. SIRXPDK001 | Advise on products and services
02. SIRXWHS002 | Contribute to workplace health and safety
03. SIRXCOM001 | Communicate in the workplace to support team and customer outcomes
04. SIRXIND003 | Organise personal work requirements
05. SIRXIND001 | Work effectively in a service environment
06. SIRXCEG001 | Engage the customer
07. SIRXRSK001 | Identify and respond to security risks
08. BSBWOR204 | Use business technology
09. FSKLRG09 | Use strategies to respond to routine workplace problems
10. SIRXPDK002 | Advise on food products and services
11. SITXCOM002 | Show social and cultural sensitivity
12. FSKDIG02 | Use digital technology for simple workplace tasks