BSB50215-Diploma of Business
This qualification is for individuals with various job titles including executive officers, program consultants and program coordinators.
Individuals in these roles may possess substantial experience in a range of settings, but seek to further develop their skills across a wide range of business functions.
Conversely, it may also apply to those with little or no vocational experience, but who possess sound theoretical business skills and knowledge that they would like to develop in order to create further educational and employment opportunities.
It will enable you to handle recruitment, manage staff effectively, implement internal or external systems and complete related administrative tasks such as project management and conferences.
Upon completion, candidates would be able to go on to study Bachelor Degree in Business or Advanced Diploma in Business.
Mode of delivery
- 20 hours per week face to face
- Each study week – 8 hours of lecture-based activities, 4 hours of tutorial / discussions (with assessments being completed in the final week as necessary), 4 hours of hands on – practical exercises (with assessments being completed in the final week as necessary) and 4 hours of directed learning opportunities.
- Depending on your previous skills and knowledge, classes will be made available in the ‘break’ weeks, on a Tuesday and Wednesday.
- IELTS 5.5 equivalent / NEAS Upper-Intermediate English level
- Successful completion of Year 12 or equivalent
- Minimum 18 years of age
Existing Skills, Knowledge and Experience
This course is ideally suited for someone who
- Some business experience. This may not necessarily be in an office environment, but students are expected to have a work history they can draw on to help them in their answers.
- They may have completed a prior business qualification; although not a pre-requisite, we advise starting with a lower level qualification if they have not had substantial business experience.
You can take our assessment previous skills and knowledge assessment here
Recognition of prior learning / credit transfer
- You will be given the opportunity to reduce your course length through recognition of prior learning or transferring credit from previously completed courses
- Information on units that may cross over with this course from other course we offer can be found here